WordPress is one of the best platforms to build your online presence with. Web hosts such as Hostgator has an in-built function where you can install WordPress with a few mouse clicks.
If you want to dominate the search engines with your website, using WordPress will give you a head start since the search engines love it.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to install WordPress using Hostgator that even an idiot can do
Step by Step WordPress Installation
1. Go to the cPanel of your website. The link should look like <yourdomainname>.com/cpanel
2. Using the username and password which Hostgator gave you, log in.
3. On the screen, you will see the area Software / Services. Here you can click on the icon Fantastico De Luxe.
4. Under the headline Blogs, click on the link WordPress
5. On the right, click on the link New Installation
6. Enter a folder name in the Install in directory field.
This is where you want your blog installed. Leave this blank if your domain is your blog. If you have an existing website where you are installing your blog, give it a new folder name such as blog. Your blog’s URL will look like: eg. <yourdomainname>.com/myblog
7. At Admin access data, enter a username and password which you can easily remember. You will need to log into your blog using this information.
9. And finally, click Install WordPress.
That’s it! I told you it was easy. To access your blog, just go to <domain>.com/blog/wp-admin Enter the name and password which you entered previously and you’ll be able to log in.
You have just learned how to install WordPress using Hostgator!
This is the fastest way to install WordPress on your domain. What you need to be careful of is removing your WordPress installation. If you delete the files without using Fantastico De Luxe, then you won’t be able to re- install the WordPress software using this method.
To remove your WordPress installation for whatever reason, just go to Fantastico De Luxe and click on WordPress. There is a link on the right with the word Remove. Just click on that to remove your installation.
I just want to make a note that installing WordPress with Fantastico De Luxe is just one way. You can also do it manually using a FTP program. But as far as I know, there are no obvious advantages with this manual method.